Internship - 6 months
- Recruteur : DLA Piper Luxembourg
- Publié : 29/05/2019
- Région : Luxembourg (Hors France)
- Type de contrat : Stage
- Envoyer cette offre par courriel
Ratio de candidatures:
Le ratio vous donne une indication sur le volume de candidatures pour cette annonce... (Vert = peu de candidatures encore | Bleu = Nombre moyen de candidatures | Orange = nombreuses candidatures)
Description de l'annonce :
As a trainee you will complete a six months traineeship within the Luxembourg office, interacting with other DLA Piper offices and experiencing our "One Team, No Borders" way of working, to improve and test your technical legal skills. We strive to give the opportunity to our Trainees to feel and understand the Lawyers' world to be prepared for their professional challenges of tomorrow.
DLA Piper Luxembourg is a multi-lingual, culturally sensitive, young, dynamic and growing team. We benefit from the advantages of a global law firm, with the advantages of a human-sized firm.
Our Team has a wealth of expertise on investment funds, corporate, M&A, banking, finance, capital markets, tax, and intellectual property and technology, applying sound commercial judgment to client's legal and final decisions.
We advise international clients on cross border deals with the benefits of the Luxembourg broad range, business oriented legal and tax toolkit.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You would be dealing with the following:
Assisting on non-contentious corporate work for a wide variety of companies, including mergers and acquisitions (share/asset deals), private equity transactions, takeovers, flotation and other matters concerning directorship and company secretarial issues.
- Assisting our lawyers on national and cross border corporate transactions, including M&A and PE deals, management incentives plans (MIP), joint ventures, group reorganisations and general corporate/commercial work
- Assisting in structuring, drafting and negotiating corporate transactions, including share and asset deals, subscription agreements, joint ventures and other partnering agreements, shareholders' agreements, equity and debt instruments
- Assisting companies, founders, board of directors, executives and committees on operational matters and strategic transactions and providing them with on-going personalised legal support
- Handling due diligence processes and closings
Finance, Projects & Restructuring
Our Team works on a wide variety of complex Banking, Finance, Capital Markets, Regulatory and Restructuring issues. Your workload will be varied to develop a depth knowledge of the financial services and their actors.
Your duties will include, inter alia:
- Support to our team on leverage and structured finance, regulatory issues or capital markets transactions
- Assistance on restructuring and insolvency issues
- Development of expertise in the finance services and real estate sectors
Intellectual Property and Technology
The team works on major and repeat mandates for blue chip/household name clients, across a range of different sectors, including banking, investment funds, insurance, technology suppliers, consumer and retail. The workload is varied and includes contentious and non-contentious advice on intellectual property, data protection (including GDPR implementation), large scale outsourcing projects, cloud and digital transformation and services contracts.
- Legal research on commercial issues
- Drafting and reviewing contractual documentation, drafting IP licenses and assignments
- Assisting with infringement cases, disclosure exercises and mediation or trial preparation
- Advising on IP disputes
Support on a broad range of domestic and international tax matters for a multinational client base composed mainly of asset managers, financial institutions, corporations and high network individuals (HNWIs).
- General corporate work
- Researching and advising on taxation issues
We pride ourselves on having a collegiate environment and we are looking for trainees with strong leadership potential and willing to align to the culture, values and ethos of the firm.
We look for highly motivated people with a sound legal or tax educational background and driven by:
- Leadership and Team spirit
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind
- Creativity and Adaptability
- Business sense
We expect our Trainees to:
- Have a strong academic record
- Be fluent in English and French, and a good command of German would be a plus
- Stay current on key legal and business developments and help drive the practice forward;
- Be able to demonstrate be commercially astute and stay current on key legal and business news
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please make sure to upload your CV, transcript of your grades and motivation letter in which you mention your legal areas of interest.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At DLA Piper we are working hard to ensure that our talent pool is diverse. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual.
We know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued and that's why we strive to be a business where everyone can thrive, develop and succeed based on their talent. Our aim is to build an inclusive and supportive culture where all our people feel they belong and can achieve their best.
Informations complémentaires :
- Référence éventuelle de l'annonce : (190000A4)
- Durée de contrat (si CDD ou intérim ou stage) : 6 mois
- Date d'entrée en poste : Juillet 2019
- Niveau d'anglais demandé : Courant
- Adresse web du Recruteur : http://www.dlapiper.com/careers
- Fonction : Collaborateurs libéraux / salariés, et stages