Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
This role will involve some travel for business worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
• Active role in claim management - drafting / negotiation of settlement agreements (with suppliers, clients).
• Implement strategy in dispute cases and check the validity of a cause of action.
• Attend litigation, mediations, arbitration.
• Provide legal advice on contractual / tort / criminal law issues.
• Supervise outside counsels.
• Carry out due diligence exercises when required.
• Be ready to manage other general corporate matters and special projects from time to time (Ex: Finance issues, Bankruptcy).
• Assist and support in the provision of legal advice generally.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Qualified legal expert.
• Background in claims and litigation.
• Demonstrate expertise in dispute resolution.
• French Law Qualified lawyer would be a plus.
• Knowledge of UK -US laws can be appreciated.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate legal subject matter to non-attorneys.
• Strong interest for the product, as technical aspects may often be part of the dispute resolution.
• Excellent business judgment, ability to think strategically and give practical advice.
• Fluent in English and French.
• Willing to contribute to and evolve in an empowering organization without silos.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus. Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.